We are looking for a competent Logistics Manager to oversee and facilitate the online orders of our company. You will be the one to coordinate personnel and processes to achieve the effective distribution of goods.Works in transportation or warehousing of goods. Processes orders and oversees cycle of order fulfillment. Responsible for making sure supplies, stock, materials, packages, and/or products are processed through the delivery and/or warehouse system efficiently and safely.
- Coordinate and monitor online orders.
- Utilize logistics IT to optimize procedures
- Recruit and coordinate logistics staff (e.g. truck drivers) according to availabilities and requirements
- Supervise orders and arrange stocking to ensure they meet needs
- Communicate with suppliers, retailers, customers etc. to achieve profitable deals and mutual satisfaction
- Plan and track the shipment of final products according to customer requirements
- Keep logs and records of warehouse stock, executed orders etc.
- Prepare accurate reports for upper management
- Facilitate the shipping of products from one destination to another
- Arrange transportation, schedule staff, and orchestrate deliveries to meet customer demand with little to no delay
- Receives products and coordinates delivery
- Prepares loads for shipment
- Makes sure warehouse capacity is kept at optimal levels
- Manages activities throughout the order fulfillment and transportation cycle to make sure established deadlines are met
- Oversees inventory of goods and vehicles
- Continually reviews freight costs, transportation rates, and/or the prices of raw materials to keep costs down where possible
- Proven experience as logistics manager
- Experience in customer service will be appreciated
- Ability to work with little supervision and track multiple processes
- Computer-savvy with a working knowledge of logistics software (ERP)
- Outstanding organizational and coordination abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- BSc/BA in business administration, supply chain management or relevant field
- Can work longer hours.
Logistics Manager Skills and Qualifications:Problem-solving skills, Decision making ability, Organisational skills, Procedural mindset, Ability to prioritize, Understanding of quality management principles, Attention to detail, Ability to analyse data and understand connections, Talent for recognizing the opportunities for process improvement in those connections, Management ability, Experience in logistics management preferred, Two-year degree required, Bachelor’s degree preferred, Experience often may substitute for education
Logistics And Transport