Project Engineering Operations
- Lead and give proper instruction to Project Engineers under PM/EM direction and instruction.
- Train and transfer technical skill and knowledge to Project Engineers and Associate Project Engineers.
- Prepare working schedule and develop project procedures for focal activities in his responsibilities and coordinate the assigned technical experts’ execution and overall performance, performing specific reviews and studies or vendors evaluations, as well as communications of contractual or technical nature, under the approval of the PM / EM / Sr. Project Engineer, in order to ensure compliance to applicable codes, practices, QA/QC policies, performance standards and specifications within the project.
- Monitor overall quality control of the work (in terms of budget, schedule, plans and technician’s performance), recording lessons learnt in the system when appropriate and elaborating recurrent reports, including the MOM of regular meeting with client, and/or elevating corrective measures when deviations occur, for proper action making, in order to interact with clients and provide updated project status information, ensuring project completion under time, quality and cost constraints.
- Cooperate and communicate effectively with relevant counterparts (procurement, construction and commissioning), or any other project participants, under the Engineering Manager’s direction, Project Engineering Plan and Schedule, in order to coordinate disciplines for conflicting issues and further provide with assistance and technical support when needed for the proper execution of the engineering activities.
- Review and/or participate in the elaboration of engineering deliverables, such as Hazop, constructability, 3D model or risk, expediting all disciplines, including vendor drawings, and initiate appropriate corrective actions, in line with the Engineering Manager’s Directives, aim at ensuring optimal fit with project specifications, requirements and standards.
- Handle independently complex tasks /activities to contribute to functions and projects objectives.
- Apply standard techniques involving only innovations of methodology to provide solutions to problems with a varied number of variables.
- Provide solutions to complex problems using readily available, clear, and direct references. Monitor and expedite all disciplines to ensure project schedule, issuance of project deliverables, including vendor documents.
- Support PM/EM in managing Model Reviews, Constructability Reviews, Design Reviews, Risk & interface management, BM/BQ control, System Definition, Equipment List etc
- Support PM/EM to prepare and expedite change orders with discipline
- Support PM/EM for preparation and negotiation scenario of change order for all technical matters with client, sub-contractors, vendors and other project stakeholders
- Support Project Manager to monitor and expedite procurement and construction activities. Support PM/EM in project closeout documentation
- Support Project Engineer for Information Management Plan and IT Integration Procedures
- In absence of Engineering Manager, Sr. Project Engineer will work as Acting Engineering Manager
Quality, Health, Safety, & Environment
- Ensure compliance to all relevant quality, health, safety and environmental management procedures and controls to ensure employee safety, compliance, delivery of high-quality products/service and a responsible environmental attitude.
- Participate in the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement and sustainability of systems, processes and practices considering global standards, productivity improvement and cost reduction.
- Prepare regular project reports in timely manner to meet project and Company requirements
- Good capability to build a trust among client and all concerned parties.
- Proactive to project operation and capable for troubleshooting.