To manage the site execution of the project such that it is completed within the time, cost, productivity and quality requirements of the contract while adhering to the company’s quality and safety practices project as per directions of Project Manager and Mechanical Manager. To assign and distribute efficiently the available resources, materials, subcontractors and equipment on the project.
- Assists in the introduction of new methods of construction, equipment, and machinery to improve the MEP services.
- Ensures Mechanical work of assigned project is implemented within budgeted time, cost, and quality standards on assigned part of site.
- Optimizes manpower, equipment, and materials allocation, and ensures no materials are wasted on assigned part of site.
- Assigns responsibilities to on-site staff as per directions of Project Manager and Mechanical Manager.
- Supervises staff and non-staff attendance and productivity.
- Interfaces with sub-contractors to ensure compliance of project implementation with construction schedule.
- Assists with preparation of construction schedule, manpower histogram, submittal log, and drawing log, and any changes thereof, in coordination with Construction staff and Planning & Cost Control Units for initial project planning.
- Assists with preparation of two-week look-ahead schedules for project implementation.
- Coordinates with Mechanical Manager and Project Manager on preparation of all project submittals and drawings.
- Interfaces with suppliers to verify materials received.
- Issues material requisition forms in coordination with Project Manager and Mechanical Manager.
- Oversees purchase and delivery of required materials, and inflow/outflow of site store materials in coordination with Procurement Department.
- Attends weekly meetings with Project Manager, Mechanical Manager, and Site Engineer(s) for look-ahead plan.
- Interfaces with consultants/supervisors on site-related matters and ensures good relations with them.
- Assigns tasks and responsibilities to engineers and foremen as per directions of Project Manager/Mechanical Manager
- Assists with recruitment of staff and non-staff in the Mechanical department.
- Assists in the training and development of personnel in the Mechanical department
- in Mechanical engineering design and construction
- Customer Service Orientation
- Business Ethics and Integrity
- Good knowledge in common contract conditions format (FIDIC, JCT, Government etc)
- PMP Training
- Computer skills (MS Project, Primavera)
- Safety training
Bachelor Degree in Engineering (Mechanical)