We are looking for a dedicated Project Engineer to assist with the scheduling, planning, forecasting, resourcing, and managing of technical activities to ensure project accuracy and quality. The Project Engineer is responsible for the engineering and technical disciplines of ongoing projects and will establish inspection criteria for the proper implementation of all the elements of a project.To be a successful Project Engineer, you should have the ability to work with multiple discipline projects and demonstrate excellent project management and supervision skills. You should also have excellent organizational, time management, leadership, and decision-making skills.Project Engineer Responsibilities:
- Preparing, scheduling, coordinating, and monitoring assigned engineering projects.
- Formulating project parameters and assigning responsibilities to the most capable employees and monitoring the project team.
- Interacting with clients, interpreting their needs and requirements, and representing them in the field.
- Performing quality control tasks on budgets, schedules, plans, and personnel performance and reporting on the project’s status.
- Cooperating and communicating with the Project Manager and other project participants and collaborating with Senior Engineers to create more efficient project methods and to maintain the project’s profitability.
- Reviewing the engineering tasks and initiating the necessary corrective actions.
- Developing specifications for the project’s needed equipment.
- Creating frameworks to measure the project’s metrics and data collection.
- Ensure existence of field test methods and methods for monitoring the quality of those tests.
- Ensuring the project’s compliance with the applicable codes, practices, policies, performance standards, and specifications.
- Completes engineering projects by organizing and controlling project elements.
- Develops project objectives by reviewing project proposals and plans and conferring with management.
- Determines project responsibilities by identifying project phases and elements, assigning personnel to phases and elements, and reviewing bids from contractors.
- Determines project specifications by studying product design, customer requirements, and performance standards.
- Completes technical studies and prepares cost estimates.
- Confirms product performance by designing and conducting tests.
- Determines project schedule by studying project plan and specifications, calculating time requirements, and sequencing project elements.
- Maintains project schedule by monitoring project progress, coordinating activities, and resolving problems.
- Controls project plan by reviewing design, specifications, and plan, scheduling changes, and recommending actions.
- Track project costs
- Prepares project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends; recommending actions.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintains project data base by writing computer programs; entering and backing up data.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with federal and state regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Project Engineer Requirements:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related field.
- A valid Engineering license.
- 7+ years’ field and project planning experience.
- Excellent computer literacy and knowledge of design and visualization software.
- The ability to work with multiple discipline projects.
- Excellent project management and supervision skills.
- Excellent organizational, time management, leadership, and decision-making skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of applicable codes, policies, standards, and best practices.
Project Engineer Qualifications / Skills:
- Requirements analysis
- Design skills
- Project management
- Manufacturing methods and procedures
- Process improvement
- Technical understanding
- Documentation skills
- Safety management
- CAD, CAD/CAM circuit design