This role requires a proven operations leader with experience influencing across an organization, is an excellent communicator, sets a high bar for him/herself, and is adept at developing talent. Someone who thrives in a critical leadership position and gains personal satisfaction through delivering excellence through operations.
- Contribute to the short and long-term strategies of the organization through a review of business practices, and lead the development of an innovative, highly competent operations team that is in alignment with those strategies.
- Identify and implement best practices for customer experience, sales, staffing, inventory management and financial control.
- Establish, implement and maintain accountability for standard operating procedures, company policies, specifications, programs and initiatives relating to all revenues across INDPT.
- Introduce best practices to continually improve INDPT operations, monitor for implementation and report on results.
- Ensure all operations are in compliance with local laws and regulations.
- Accountable for preparation, presentation and monitoring of budget, COGS, labor and other financial measures of the division.
- Monitor and forecast revenues and expenses to ensure company goals are met on a weekly, monthly and yearly basis.
- Ensure there is keen oversight in place for all aspects of purchasing within the restaurant.
- Manage and analyze all food and beverage Profit & Loss statements, reviewing month end division financial allocations and reports.
- Create and manage the operating pre-opening budgets for new restaurant openings.
- Monitor budgets versus actual results, report variances to leadership and take all necessary corrective actions to address variances.
- Monitor trends in all areas from sales, to costs, cover counts, etc. and proactively reporting on such to Operations team.
- Build, lead and grow a strong operations leadership team that is innovative, driven and commercially minded.
- Set clear expectations and provide ongoing feedback and development opportunities for individuals throughout the ops function.
- Evaluate leader performance and provide appropriate guidance and/or recognition.
- Monitor and review that appropriate staffing levels in both FOH and BOH are established and maintained and remaining abreast of any changes which may impact staffing needs.
- Oversee and participate in recruiting and hiring of high-quality employees.
- Support recruiting strategies to proactively address an increasingly competitive landscape in the broader employment market for hospitality positions.
- Consistently review that the use of departmental meetings, weekly manager meetings and one-on-ones, are utilized as necessary to move training to the next level.
- Regular review of guest feedback and comment cards, along with staff feedback regarding food and beverages.
- Plan and manage all new restaurant openings.
- Create, define, deliver and monitor for implementation the necessary procedures to ensure a smooth pre-opening and opening process, including but not limited to: the execution of the pre-opening visits, the delivery of all required standards and that these are fully met to open and operate as an INDPT brand.
- Lead pre-openings effectively and efficiently ensures that the resources including operations, design, construction, and matters related to fire life safety, insurance and compliance are coordinated to open on time and within budgets.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work-related experience is required
- 10+ years of successful restaurant management/leadership operations experience required
- Previous senior management experience leading large restaurant teams in a geographically dispersed operations environment
- Completed 5-10 successful Operational projects in the past
- Experience on running 10 stores including 3-5 flagship stores with high customer footfall
- Experience in pre-opening 8-10 stores with high customer footfall
- Experience of volume store with approximate of 60+ staff in each store
- GCC or international experience is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; Arabic speaking is a plus
- Excellent knowledge of food and kitchen operations
- Demonstrated ability to effectively build an F&B team
- Ability to train, coach and develop F&B leadership
- Ability to build Brand SOPs and training manuals efficiently and neatly
- Strong financial acumen, analysis/problem-solving, negotiation and influencing skills
- Strong project management and organizational skills; demonstrated track record for flexibility and urgency in prioritizing and organizing projects.
- Must be able to perform gap analysis and root cause analysis and implement training accordingly
- Ability to demonstrate exceptional guest service mentality
- Knowledge on product launch and experience in a successful product roll
- Up to date with food and beverage trends and best practices