About Al-Futtaim IKEA
We are a values-driven company with a passion for life at home. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people.
Al-Futtaim IKEA holds the franchise rights for IKEA in Egypt, Oman, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates.
About the Role
You secure that the graphic standards that are implemented in the IKEA store are in line with the IKEA manuals.
• Deliver high quality graphic solutions throughout the store.
• Plan, implement and follow up all projects in the store based on work briefs developed by Sales Managers and Com& In manager.
• Ensure that all graphic communication supports the IKEA visual Identity, IKEA trademark and IKEA pricing as described in the IKEA manuals.
• Maintain a high level of know how regarding the software and hardware used to produce all graphic communication.
• Ensure adequate supply of tools and material with environmental awareness.
• Get involved in other projects relating to activities that are carried out in the store from time to time. This may include rebuilding business area, based on feedback from range relating to changed priorities, or poor performance of the area.
• Assist Visual Merchandisers and the Interior Designers as and when required, in projects or activities that are planned for the store.
People Management & Development
• Ensure that all graphic designers have receive the necessary training in safety and security aspects related to the use of this equipment so they are able to follow the rules and regulations and prevent accidents.
• Make sure all graphic designers have been properly trained including development programs to secure the store performance and succession needs.
• Be involved in the recruitment of the graphic designers; ensure the vacancies are filled as soon as they arise and the right candidates are hired in the vacant positions.
• Ensure positive results in the employee survey and taking action in the areas where the satisfaction is low
5 years’ experience within the Communication & Interior Design department in one or more IKEA stores
Must have skills in using sign making equipment and preferably experience in working with MacIntosh graphic software
Al Futtaim Group
- Dubai, UAE
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim is one of the most progressive regional business houses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Structured into six divisions; automotive, retail, electronics, engineering and technology, real estate, financial services and general services, Al-Futtaim operates through more than 60 companies and maintains a decentralised approach, giving individual businesses flexibility and versatility to maintain a competitive stance. Employing in excess of 20,000 people across the UAE, Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman, Egypt, Syria, Pakistan, Singapore and Europe, this approach benefits employees, providing a clearly defined work culture where individuals are empowered with authority and responsibility for their work. The success of Al-Futtaim is attributed to proactively managing change whilst upholding the values of integrity, service and social responsibility. The majority of businesses, built on a portfolio of world leading brands, dominate their sector.