Game Masters are crucial to the operations of the site. They need to safely guide customers through the experience with great energy and professionalism. The Game Master will conduct player safety briefings and monitor game sessions. The Game Master’s priority is to ensure player safety and deliver high-end customer service.
The Game Master must have the following qualities:
- Ability to manage excited customers.
- Ability to manage high-pressure situations.
- Actively and quickly resolve potential issues whilst keeping customers engaged.
- Strong and engaging oral presentation skills.
- Experience working with small and large teams.
- Taking accountability for their work.
- A passion for VR, gaming, and technology.
- All team members must be reliable, punctual and well-presented with the ability to prioritise tasks. Team chemistry is a big factor in the success of the team.
Game Master Responsibilities
- Customer greeting, Sign-in, Donning, and Doffing.
- Presenting the Safety Briefing to customers before their session.
- Managing in-game sessions and ensuring player safety.
- Identifying, troubleshooting and reporting technical issues.
- General maintenance of the equipment.
- Supporting the Team Leader.
- Selling merchandise and up selling when required.
When required, a Game Master may also be asked to carry out Runner duties during a shift. When a Game Master becomes the Runner, they will support the team by:
- Organising the Controllers before a session.
- Assisting in the Transition of sessions.
- Assisting with in-game Issues.
- Cleaning Equipment.
- Charging Batteries.