The Arab Monetary Fund (AMF), is an Arab regional organization based in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. Its main objective is laying monetary foundations of Arab economic integration and accelerating the process of economic development in all Arab Countries. AMF is seeking to recruit a “ Foreign Exchange and Money Market Dealer” in the Treasury & Investment Department.
Act as a member of the foreign exchange and money market unit and work with other colleagues in the treasury division by assisting to manage the surplus liquidity through deployment of funds in FX and deposits.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Execute FX deals (spot, forward, and swap) for the purpose of hedging and portfolio realignment.
• Execute deposits transactions (acceptance and placement) in accordance with the AMF investment guidelines and procedures and within the Department’s strategy and plan in terms of selection of banks tenure and geographical distribution.
• Generate daily, weekly, and monthly investment reports for various FX and placements activities in accordance with the approved investment strategies and allocation of funds, and policies and procedures.
• Carry out any other work assignments relevant to the Division.
• Bachelor Degree in Finance, Economics, Business Administration, or Investment Management from a reputable university.
• Professional qualification of CFA is preferable. Professional dealing certificate is an advantage.
• 3 years of experience in Foreign Exchange and Money Market dealing
Qualifications and practical experience and skills.
1. National of member Arab Countries or of Arab origin.
2. Able to follow and comply with work related policies, procedures, and processes.
3. Ability to work under pressure and plan for own work schedule.
4. Professional use of spread sheets and Bloomberg, Reuters and data services”
5. Proficient report writing skills.
6. Proficient investment research and studies skills.
7. Understanding of financial markets.
8. Basic portfolio management skills.
9. Proficient risk management skills.
10. Proficient foreign exchange and money markets dealing skills.
11. Arabic and English language skills.
The Fund offers competitive terms of service in accordance with the applicable employment policy, which includes tax free salary, housing allowance, furniture allowance, air tickets, education allowance, and life & medical insurance.
Arab Monetary Fund
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Arab Monetary Fund is a Regional Arab Organisation, Founded in 1976, and has started operations in 1977. Member Countries (22) are: Jordan, United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Tunisia, Algeria, Djibouti, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Syria, Somalia, Iraq, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Egypt, Morocco, Mauritania, Yemen, Comoros. Objectives The fund aims at contributing to the achievement of the following objectives: 1.Correcting disequilibria in the balance of payments of member States. 2.Striving for the removal of restrictions on current payments between member States. 3.Establishing policies and modes of Arab monetary co-operation. 4.Rendering advice, whenever called upon to do so, with regard to policies related to the investment of the financial resources of member States in foreign markets. 5.Promoting the development of Arab financial markets. 6.Paving the way towards the creation of a unified Arab currency. 7.Promote trade among member States.