Purpose of Role:
- Sole responsibility for the accurate processing, accounting and timely provision of all project related information, not limited to invoicing,payments, accruals, reporting etc.
- Projects differ in nature, size and frequenzy. i.e. temporary projects
- Capital expense projects
- Comply with the company policy and accounting standards
- To act as support to the various functions of the finance department & the operation. To support the Head of Finance and Senior accountant in various business activities.
- To provide Accurate management information.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Weekly update of projects accounts and monthly reconciliation of all ledgers related to capital expense projects and temporary projects.
- Make sure that all transactions that recorded into the ledgers are right and make sure that backups are provided within a week after month end process.
- Review always the list of contracts, LPO’s or variation orders that were prepared for projects and makes sure that expenses are reflected in the cash flow.
- Timely issuing of closing reports for all projects to foundations
- Initiate payments of project invoices
- Deduct Witholding tax where appropriate and pay to the local authorities whilst filing the submission on line.
- Make sure that payment of expenses are recorded in the correct project accounts and that they are withdrawn from the right bank account, as the funds would have been received into different bank accounts.
- Follow up with the payable teams for the internal bank transfers related to the settling of an invoice which may relate to various projects.
- Review the posting of expenses for duty trip and credit card for the transaction related to the projects and make sure the back-ups which will be provided to foundations as an attachment for the quarterly invoices or belongs of the final closing report for the project will be satisfied from their side.
- Provide project related cash flow forecast regularly
- Provide adhoc reports (not limited to the foundations) if and when required
- Answer audit queries (internal and external).
- Besides the finance team mebers work closely with the operational project team and contract team
- Initiate ways to enhance current processes.
- To provide Accurate, Complete, Concise, User Friendly, Relevant, Timely and Easy to Use Management and Financial accounting information to various business stakeholders
- Any other duties assigned by the management of the finance department.
- To act as a team player & provide effective day to day communication with managers & colleagues
- To participate actively in meetings
- Maintain a high team focus by showing cooperation & support to colleagues in the pursuit of departmental and company goals
- Provide support before and during financial audits
- Promote efficiency, confidence, courtesy and high standard of social skills
- Display a pleasant manner and positive attitude at all times and promote a good company image to guests and colleagues
- Demonstrate pride in the workplace and personal appearance at all times when representing AKH thus displaying a high level of commitment
- Adhere to Company rules and regulations at all times
- Other tasks as assigned by the management of the finance department.
- Ensure that the standards required by Law, International Accounting Standards and by Management are maintained at all times in the areas specified above.
- Bachelors degree in Finance of any relevant field
- Proven years of work experience in the similar role
- Experience working in hospitality industry is a plus
- Excellent communication skills (Arabic and English)
Aspire Katara Hospitality
Aspire Katara Hospitality (AKH) specializes in the field of hospitality and leisure. We envisage bringing to Doha authentic cuisines from all over the world and we go a step ahead by creating a unique ambiance to our restaurants yet maintain the rich tradition and culture of Qatar. We also provide consultancy and hospitality services to hotels, concept development for retail shops, event management and catering services. After conducting extensive research, we have also introduced to Doha high-end retail and food beverage concepts from abroad. In addition, we have also developed our own concepts which are fully operational and very popular in the region. We have introduced to the local market specialized dining outlets in Katara – the world-renowned cultural village of Qatar- and our popular outlets include the Sukar Pasha Ottoman Lounge, L’wzaar Seafood Market, Kunafa Albisana, Shawarma Albisana, le Vesuvio Italian Restaurant, Chac’Late, and the Red Velvet Cupcakery. We also manage Burgeri, a burger restaurant located at Aspire Park. All restaurants within the AKH portfolio are unique and offer a diverse dining experience. L’wzaar Seafood Market was awarded the Best Seafood Restaurant in 2012 and Highly Commended Seafood Restaurant in 2013 by Time Out Doha. Red Velvet is a prestigious Cupcakery in the USA and we have brought it to Doha, it was awarded the ‘Favorite Delicatessen Outlet’ by Qatar’s Choice Award in 2012. Our specialized team is continually working to bring more exciting dining opportunities to the residents of Qatar. We have numerous upcoming outlets in Katara and the Aspire Zone. Internationally, our plans are well advanced. We have just launched one of our outlets in London and plans are already underway for expansion for the rest of the outlets and in different locations