As design engineer create and implement product processes and designs using computer-aided design (CAD) software. Design engineer develops products and design manufacturing processes and products with various criteria in mind, which includes understanding customer needs, API product requirements user experience and environmental standards. The role of a design engineer is also to analyze data from designed products on prototypes and craft progress reports.
- Act as a reviewer of engineering package (drawing, specification, and documentation)
- Provide guidance to junior Product Design Engineer/ drafters
- Understand customer specification and API Specification 6A & 16A & other applicable industrial standards
- Perform conceptual and detail design of surface wellhead system, drill-through equipment. connectors, spools, and adapters.
- Understand & apply API Specification 5CT, product Casing and Tubing.
- Understand & apply API Specification 7-1 for Rotary Drill Stem Elements
- Understand & apply specification related to various Premium Connections
- Basic structural design and analysis.
- Prepare Bill of Material (BOM) and Layout
- Provide engineering support to marketing / aftermarket department
- Involve in project management
- Perform factory acceptance test (FAT) and Fit and Function Test
- Prepare engineering documents such as: installation procedure, testing procedure, reports, etc.
- Perform disposition of product deviation report and field non-conformance report
- Initiate, check and review drawings drawn by drafters
- Conduct/participate in design reviews with management
- Support field installation work
- Support manufacturing, QC, assembly and testing activities
- Assist in field service related issue
- Assist in quotation process
- Actively participate during API. ISO & Customer audits
- Assist in HSE related work
- Conduct Tool box talk with your team members
- Participate in HSE related activities
- Assist in Re Engineering process
- Understand and implement Management System requirements
- Any other tasks requested by Manager/Supervisor should be carried as and when required
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Designing products as per API and other applicable standards
- Assessing product usability and safety
- Preparing & Reviewing Design packages meeting API and other applicable standards
- Supporting estimation in timely manner
- Adhering to Managements System requirements
- Accuracy of data & drawing contents
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering, Specialization related Oil & Gas related manufacturing background will be an advantage.
- Should have an ACAD Knowledge.
- Hands on experience with 3D modelling / Surface modelling Software is essential.
- Familiarity to design for Parts and Components having oil and gas applications.
- Manufacturing Process (Machining, Welding, Fabrication, Pressure Testing,) knowledge.
- Knowledge of Standards and Design.
- API Q1 / ISO 9001 Standard awareness and QMS Internal audit process
- API Product knowledge – 6A,16A,5CT & 7-1
- Engineering and Technology — Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Mechanical — Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Design — Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principals involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Production and Processing — Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Mathematics — Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Administration and Management — Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modelling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- English Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Knowledge — Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Mathematics — Using mathematics to solve problems.
- Complex Problem Solving — Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Science — Using scientific rules and methods to solve problems.
- Reading Comprehension — Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Judgment and Decision Making — Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Time Management — Managing one’s own time and the time of others.
- Writing — Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Speaking — Talking to others to convey information effectively.