The future is being built today, and Johnson Controls is making that future more productive, more secure, and more sustainable. We are harnessing the power of the cloud, data analytics, the Internet of Things, and Design Thinking to deliver on the promise of intelligent buildings.
To implement this vision, we have developed CPO (Central Plant Optimization). CPO is a supervisory software product that uses AI/ML to help central energy facility managers and operators save operational costs, reduce energy consumption, reduce water consumption, and lower carbon footprint. CPO is being used by universities, hospitals, airports, office towers, data centers, among other industries, to deliver reliable central utilities most cost-effectively.
What you will do
Leads the process of system integration and commissioning for the Central Plant Optimization (CPO) solution for district energy plants across the globe. Partners with customers to meet the project implementation schedule goals. Guides control contractor teams to ensure quality and timeliness. Trains plant operators and other end-users to take full advantage of the CPO software solution and provides technical support during the warranty period.
How you will do it
Assess central plants to prepare drawings and written scopes of work for new sensors, meters, and controls recommissioning that must be installed to be “CPO-Ready”. Creates and executes integration test plans to ensure the proper bidirectional flow of data and commands between CPO and the plant automation system, in partnership with the controls service contractor.
Overseeing point mapping and programming of the local plant automation system to ensure smooth transfer between operating modes. Validates system functionality analyzes command dispatch results and troubleshoots problems throughout the commissioning process. Develops strong relationships with customers by leading regular progress meetings and training plant operators to earn their confidence in following the CPO commands.
What we look for
* Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience
* Minimum of 5 years of progressive responsibility in building automation control engineering, programming, and commissioning
* Thorough understanding of the sequence of operation in chilled water generation and distribution in utility plants
* Demonstrated experience in the integration of low voltage building sub-systems using industry-standard protocols (BACnet, Modbus, LON, etc)
* Demonstrated experience engineering and implementing central utility plant control sequences
* Experience in leading plant automation startup and commissioning in a live operating critical facility for at least five projects. A large capacity (> 5000 ton) district utility plant is a plus
* Good oral and written communication and presentation skills for highly technical projects. Strong attention to detail in capturing meeting minutes and action items
* Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Project or equivalent project management tools
* Prior experience in project supervision of technical / engineering staff is required
* Ability to travel significantly
* Master’s degree or Professional Engineer Registration desired
* CEM/CMVP certification
* Background in Metasys suite of tools
* Programming capability for multiple makes/models of building automation systems (BAS) and programmable logic control (PLC) system
The future is being built today, and Johnson Controls is making that future more productive, more secure and more sustainable. We create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. At its core, that promise is about delivering innovation that make people’s lives – and the world – better. Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. Explore our site to learn how our innovative solutions are driving the future of urban efficiency.