Take direction from the Contracts & Commercial Director and managing tender review and contract preparation activities for the projects as required by the company which may include analyzing and evaluating, contract proposed terms and conditions. Identifying risk elements and preparing reports for C.D. review. Completing the monitoring of all types of agreements and contracts covering the terms and conditions under which the company provides or subcontracts its products/services to its clients and through this ensuring that the company meets its contractual obligations to the customers’ complete satisfaction after the awarding of project. The effective execution of these responsibilities playing a large part in the maintaining of long term working relationship with clients and subcontractors.
Minimum Qualification/ Education/ Training
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited University, Chartered membership of a professional organization such as CIOB or RICS.
- Minimum fifteen (15) years’ experience in Contracting/Tendering works, including four (4) years in Construction field in the GCC
- Preferably locally available
- Must have experience in Roads and Infrastructure sector.
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of Contract and Tender requirements of all types of Contract Conditions
- Comprehensive knowledge of FIDIC contracts
- Thorough working knowledge of Qatar Construction Standards
- Awareness and understanding of Company’s products, processes and services
- Fluency in English written and spoken
- A competent supporter of the aims and direction of the Contracts Director
- Ability to mentor and guide the development of team members
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Demonstrate sound work ethics